Arts at Perseid School
At Perseid we know that the Arts are essential for promoting positive emotional and physical well-being. Learning through drama, dance, art and music supports pupils to make meaningful links to life experiences, form strong memories, develop a sense of self and allow learners to experiment with being creative and independent within a safe space. Our 2023 summer term arts foci included:
- Polka Theatre visits with pupils going to see the ‘The Everywhere Bear!’ An actor from the Polka Theatre visited our purple pathway each week to deliver a workshop which was thoroughly enjoyed by pupils.
- KS4 showcased their wonderful drama skills in their production of The Wizard of Oz. The performance formed part of accreditation in Drama and the performance showcased pupils' own work, ideas and demonstrated imaginative and creative skills. The cast were highly commended for their achievements, the rights of the child being clearly demonstrated with pupil voice at the heart of this outstanding piece of work.
- The theme for last year's Upper School Arts Week and Showcase was ‘Without Exception,’ focusing on Inclusion and Diversity and with an inspirational art exhibition in school as the highlight of the week.
- A group of KS3 dancers performed skilfully at the Royal Academy of Dance HQ for the STEP LIVE performance. OUr dancers excelled as proud ambassadors for Perseid School.
- One of our 6th form pupils performed an excerpt from the ‘Ancient Mariner’ as part of the KCS Partnership Open Day. The pupil delivered an excellent performance and was an amazing ambassador for Perseid.