St Helier Community Cluster
Perseid School is a founder member of the St Helier Community Cluster, a network of four schools, St Teresa’s, Malmesbury and Abbotsbury Primary Schools, alongside Perseid Lower School.
All four schools share common aspects reflecting the community that we serve, including:
- A constantly evolving cultural mix
- Areas of high deprivation
- High mobility
- Low attainment and low aspirations in white working class families.
Our close-knit cluster is guided by our fundamental principal of providing our pupils with the opportunity and experience to serve their local community and is committed to providing educational opportunities that enrich and enhance the long term provision for our pupils, and raise aspirations for young people.
Our Partnership Actions
- We write a yearly Action Plan which defines our community activities for that period
- We recognise the value of using the arts as a vehicle for achieving our principles and aims
Our Action Plan for the Academic Year 2018/19
Autumn Term 2018: St Helier Cluster carol singing at Merton Civic Centre in aid of the Mayors charities.
Spring Term 2019: Blues and RootsŁ day-long workshop for 20 pupils from each school, including presentation to parents.
Summer Term 2019: Building on the success of previous years collaborations, our now annual sports event to be held on the field at Perseid Upper School.