Local & National Events/Projects at Perseid
Such projects offer opportunities for pupils to take part in national and local community events, contributing to pupil’s rights to be part of a community. It builds on their social skills and offers them a breadth of experience.
- We held an upper school assembly to think about and celebrate the Queen's reign and the Platinum Jubilee celebrations we had last academic year. We held a two minute silence to reflect on the Queen's life and each student created a portrait of the Queen.
- Jack Petchey Foundation Achievement Awards
Three pupils were nominated and received awards for speaking up in a positive way identifying what he needs when he feels anxious; for showing bravery and maturity as he overcame his anxiety while preparing for his next steps into adulthood; and developing confidence as a singer performing with expression and making eye contact with the audience . The Award ceremony is being held at th ePolka Theatre on 10/10/21 and one pupil will be attending with his family and a representative from the school's leadership team.
- Lower School Cake Sale 20/10/2022
The annual lower school cake sale will take place on Thursday 20th october. Pupils will bake cakes and sell them to raise money for Unicef’s Floods in Pakistan appeal.
- BBC Children in Need Charity Day 18/11/22
The school council will be discussing fundraising ideas for Children in Need.
- For international day of disability, pupils will enjoy a day focused on celebrating differences and disabilities. Planning is currently taking place and pupils will be able to take part in a workshop with either a para athlete or Blink Dance company. PSHE lead is currently waiting on confirmation.
- Winter Market 2/12/22
This is an annual enterprise fundraising event which pupils are working towards in their Enterprise lessons. The school council will be discussing and voting which charity to raise funds for.