Ofsted Monitoring Visit
In November 2020, Ofsted conducting a remote monitoring visit to Perseid School. Highlights from the report included:
- Leaders work closely with families to reassure them that the school is a Covid safe school.
- Teachers use each pupil’s individual education plan to check learning. Education, health and care plans define the learning priorities for each pupil.
- Teachers use their detailed knowledge of children to identify each pupil’s learning needs including numeracy and literacy in early learning. All teachers focus strongly on pupils’ well-being and their emotional development.
- Leaders consider the therapeutic positioning and movement needs of pupils with profound and multiple learning difficulties. This is so that their curriculum access can carry on as normal.
- Leaders and teachers have adapted remote education week by week as they develop their expertise. Staff contribute to national online lessons. Leaders have advanced plans to deliver teaching remotely.
For a full copy of the report, please visit: https://www.perseid.merton.sch.uk/Ofsted/