PERSEID SCHOOL RECIEVES HIGH PRAISE/FOURTH CONSECUTIVE OUTSTANDING FROM OFSTED
Perseid School pupils and staff are celebrating following a glowing OFSTED Inspection report which sees the school continuing to be graded ‘Outstanding’ – for the fourth consecutive time. The inspection took place on July 3rd 2019 and the school was praised for maintaining the outstanding quality of education since the last inspection.
Ofsted inspectors observed that pupils are ‘very happy and enjoy school’ and acknowledged the effective and positive working relationships between pupils and staff commenting that ‘staff engage pupils in activities during play times … encourage them also to develop their independence’.
The inspection found that the competent and committed governing board have high aspirations for the school; and the senior team provide excellent leadership, adding that middle leadership is extremely well developed and plays a significant part in school improvement. The report also highlighted that the development points identified at the previous inspection have been successfully addressed and the provision has further developed.
The Inspection report highlighted specific areas of strengths:
- The school’s vision of being ‘an inspiring visionary school, blazing a trail for outstanding holistic learning’ was demonstrated perfectly.
- There is a very strong culture of safeguarding throughout the school.
- The curriculum meets the needs of individual pupils exceptionally well…pupils follow a highly personalised curriculum.
- Learning resources are interesting, varied and of high quality…pupils are relaxed and calm, interacting positively with staff and peers.
- The school provides exceptionally well for pupils’ emotional development.
- Activities to develop pupils’ attention and engagement are highly effective.
Perseid School prides itself on providing enriching opportunities that extend beyond the classroom. This is reinforced by the inspection findings:
- There are a good range of visits to the local community and beyond…pupils are also given opportunity to participate in enterprise projects and charity days, promoting their independence.
- The expressive arts provision is well established and a strength of the curriculum, contributing to pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- Pupils relate their learning effectively to the world outside school… older pupils are given specific roles and responsibilities in the school.
- Pupils are very well prepared for the next stage of their education or training…pupils are confident about their transition to new classes.
Receiving a fourth consecutive Outstanding OFSTED judgement provides strong affirmation for all that the school seeks to achieve for the pupils. To read the full report, please visit here.