The Creative Arts at Perseid School
The Creative Arts supports all pupils to develop their skills in drama, dance, art and music. The Arts are taught both as a separate subject, and used as a teaching method in other subjects areas. The curriculum ensures that pupils have access to a broad and diverse culture. We believe that the Arts are essential for promoting positive emotional and physical well-being. Learning through drama, dance, art and music supports pupils to make meaningful links to real life experiences, form strong memories, develop a sense of self and allows them to experiment with being creative and independent within a safe space.
The art foci this term are:
- Step into dance
- Upper Showcase: 8.12.2022
- The KS4 drama production this year will be the Wizard of Oz revisited.This term the pupils are learning about the text and building on their general drama skills.
- A number of Upper school pupils attend a weekly choir session.
- Some pupils take part in Individual weekly instrument teaching, currently learning the piano.
- Upper school Art club is running during lunchtime on a Friday. THe club is attended by pupils who have indicated that they enjoy art and is also an opportunity for pupils to extend their art skills.
- Key Stage 3 will have the opportunity to work with Artburst for workshops within Creative Curriculum linked to the newly refurbished Wimbledon Museum who are focussing on their activity programmes and outreach.
- EYFS and KS1 and 2 Nativity - Plans for the lower school nativities are underway. Helen, our specialist music teacher is currently looking at and choosing a script ready for rehearsals to start in November. Parents swil be invited in to watch their pupils perform with EYFS taking place on 6th December and KS1 and 2 on 7th December.